Well, hello there!
My name is Alana and I can already tell that this class will be my most enjoyable class of the semester! But before we get too excited… a little about me.
- I am a first grade teacher on summer break.
- I became Mrs. Du Vall on October 11th, 2014.
- Mr. Du Vall is a graphic designer by day and a very talented musician.. (by night?)
- I need more hobbies. But recently, I love cooking, gardening, and going on walks with my dog Sebastian.
- We are blessed with great friends and family! (Check out the fun wedding picture below!)
Now, the question is… what is my relationship with art?
I am by no means an artist in the sense of creating masterpieces with a pencil and pad! Also, I am no Meryl Streep (favorite actress!) I do however LOVE creating (and even acting out) skits for children. And finally, another do, I DO love music. I grew up in a musical family and have been performing since I was 11. A random fact that I just calculated.. in my 24 years of living I have had the honor of singing at NINE weddings! Does that make me a bonafide wedding singer?!
What are some of your experiences in viewing art, music or theater as an audience member?
My husband and I love attending the Fairbanks Concert Association events and think that they are some of the best events that Fairbanks offers. We also love to attend plays and other musical events. Off the top of my head, I have loved the Wailing Jennies, the California and Montreal guitar trios, Annie, Willie Wonka, and the Lion King (traveling Broadway show in Anchorage years ago.)
I look forward to getting to know my fellow classmates more as well as develop a greater appreciation of the arts!